Home > Recordable Media
Betacam SP, Betacam SX, MPEG IMX
Designed specifically for Betacam equipment, Betacam tape is the broadcast standard videocassette from Sony.
BCT-D is a new stage of metal videocassette tape in terms of durability and long-term archive capability.
DVCAM tape is the choice for professional 6mm recording, featuring more DLC and a professional album case.
HDCAM is the most widely used high-end HD recording format.
HDCAM SR Series cassettes contain the most advanced metal particle tape in Sony’s ½” broadcast tape family.
Achieve high data transfer rates and long recording times for day-to-day operations.
XDCAM EX: SxS Cards
SxS-1 cards support 1.2Gbps transfers resulting in faster ingest time for professional HD video applications.
AIT drives have a self-cleaning mechanism, so frequent use of cleaning cartridges is not necessary.
Digital Master was designed to offer a cost-conscious upgrade path from SD HD video.
Sony LTO storage cartridges provide high capacity and high-speed transfer for archival of critical data.
Optical Disc Archive
Optical Disc Archive cartridge is Mass storage Media with proven optical disc.
Sony professional hard disk and solid state drives come with a protective hard case ready for transport or storage.
Pro SD Cards
SD Cards for Professionals
Sony's Error Correction Technology enables extended SSD life, dependable high speed recording and transfer.
XQD Memory Cards
Unique media technology enabling efficient high speed data writing, dependable recording of 4K video.
Pro Media Videos
See our educational videos here…
It is always recommended to use the latest version of SxS device driver.
Download available in this page.
• Latest Version for Windows PC: Ver: 1.3.0.09260
• Latest Version for Mac : Ver: 1.1.0.03142
SxS Device Driver for Windows Ver. 1.3.0.09260 has supported Windows 8.
SxS Divice Driver for Windows Ver 22.214.171.12420 is required to support SxS Memory Card Management Software Utility.
SxS Device Driver for Windows Ver.126.96.36.19920 and Mac Ver.1.1.0.03142 will support SxS Memory Card which is UDF-formatted with XDCAM device for use with Windows PC/Mac.
IMPORTANT: To use a UDF-formatted SxS Memory Card with Windows PC/Mac, it is required to install SxS UDF Driver in addition to the above SxS device driver. Please check the details here.
When using 'SBAC-US10' or connecting XDCAM/XDCAM EX device to PC/Mac via USB interface, SxS Device Driver is not required.
Supported OS (operating systems)
Recommended Windows OS Environment
• Windows XP (32bit) Service Pack 3 or later/
• Windows XP (64bit) Service Pack 2 or later/
• Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later/
• Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later
• Windows 8
NOTE: OS must be factory-installed. Operation is not guaranteed for operating systems later than those described above.
File Name: SxS_Drv_Installer_win_v130.exe
File Size (before compression): Approx. 5.2MB
Release Date: Oct.26, 2012
Download & Install Instruction
1. Please read the software license agreement and go to accept if you agree to the terms and conditions.
2. Download the 'SxS_Driver_Installer_zip' to a temporary or download directory.
3. Make sure to disconnect SxS memory card and to quit all other applications before SxS Device Driver installation.
4. Unzip the file and start the installation according to the message of the installer window.
5. After installation is completed, click the [Restart] button.
6. Insert an SxS memory card into ExpressCard slot. SxS memory card will be recognized as removable drive.
How to Check Driver Version
1. Install SxS Device Driver and restart computer according to the message window.
2. Insert an SxS memory card into ExpressCard slot.
3. Open 'Device manager' to check the driver version 'Device manager' → 'Memory Technology Driver' → 'SxS memory Card' → (Right Click) → 'Property' → 'Driver' → Version
Media Sales Office
1 Sony Drive
Park Ridge, NJ 07656
Media Recovery and Technical Support
Sony Media Services
Building B, Suite 100
11302 East Point Drive
Laredo, TX 78045
Sony Professional Services & Programs
Lower costs, increase control and maximize uptime with Sony, a leader in Professional Services.
Media Warranty Information
Have a problem with your camera or tape deck?
Cameras - Production products are serviced in both our Eastern and Western Services Facilities.
Eastern Service Facility
Sony Electronics Customer Service
123 W. Tryon Ave.
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Western Service Facility
Sony Electronics Customer Service
2706 Media Center Dr., Suite 130
Los Angeles, CA 90065