Home > Recordable Media
Inspiring confidence. Earning loyalty.
Sony takes recording seriously. After all, we manufacture more than the recording media: we build the entire recording system. Media has always been an indispensible component of Sony's industry-changing formats. And recording media plays a fundamental role in the reliability of our recording systems. In addition, Sony Professional Media is backed by a team of sales, marketing and technical professionals, all supporting you from acquisition to archive.
Pro Media Videos
See our educational videos here…
It is always recommended to use the latest version of SxS device driver.
Download available in this page.
• Latest Version for Windows PC: Ver: 1.3.0.09260
• Latest Version for Mac : Ver: 1.1.0.03142
SxS Device Driver for Windows Ver. 1.3.0.09260 has supported Windows 8.
SxS Divice Driver for Windows Ver 220.127.116.1120 is required to support SxS Memory Card Management Software Utility.
SxS Device Driver for Windows Ver.18.104.22.16820 and Mac Ver.1.1.0.03142 will support SxS Memory Card which is UDF-formatted with XDCAM device for use with Windows PC/Mac.
IMPORTANT: To use a UDF-formatted SxS Memory Card with Windows PC/Mac, it is required to install SxS UDF Driver in addition to the above SxS device driver. Please check the details here.
When using 'SBAC-US10' or connecting XDCAM/XDCAM EX device to PC/Mac via USB interface, SxS Device Driver is not required.
Supported OS (operating systems)
Recommended Windows OS Environment
• Windows XP (32bit) Service Pack 3 or later/
• Windows XP (64bit) Service Pack 2 or later/
• Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later/
• Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later
• Windows 8
NOTE: OS must be factory-installed. Operation is not guaranteed for operating systems later than those described above.
File Name: SxS_Drv_Installer_win_v130.exe
File Size (before compression): Approx. 5.2MB
Release Date: Oct.26, 2012
Download & Install Instruction
1. Please read the software license agreement and go to accept if you agree to the terms and conditions.
2. Download the 'SxS_Driver_Installer_zip' to a temporary or download directory.
3. Make sure to disconnect SxS memory card and to quit all other applications before SxS Device Driver installation.
4. Unzip the file and start the installation according to the message of the installer window.
5. After installation is completed, click the [Restart] button.
6. Insert an SxS memory card into ExpressCard slot. SxS memory card will be recognized as removable drive.
How to Check Driver Version
1. Install SxS Device Driver and restart computer according to the message window.
2. Insert an SxS memory card into ExpressCard slot.
3. Open 'Device manager' to check the driver version 'Device manager' → 'Memory Technology Driver' → 'SxS memory Card' → (Right Click) → 'Property' → 'Driver' → Version
Media Sales Office
1 Sony Drive
Park Ridge, NJ 07656
Media Recovery and Technical Support
Sony Media Services
Building B, Suite 100
11302 East Point Drive
Laredo, TX 78045
Sony Professional Services & Programs
Lower costs, increase control and maximize uptime with Sony, a leader in Professional Services.
Media Warranty Information
Have a problem with your camera or tape deck?
Cameras - Production products are serviced in both our Eastern and Western Services Facilities.
Eastern Service Facility
Sony Electronics Customer Service
123 W. Tryon Ave.
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Western Service Facility
Sony Electronics Customer Service
2706 Media Center Dr., Suite 130
Los Angeles, CA 90065