IP Live Production
For example, all camera operators must view the video without delay in their monitors (viewfinders, on-set monitors, etc.) as the various production signals are captured. This means signals from the different cameras, as well as all other sources, must all be cut and mixed without picture roll, jump, or chroma shift. The intercom and tally signals must also be received without delay to allow for proper reaction times by production personnel. Precision is extremely critical to the nanosecond!
Is there a more cost effective and simple solution?
Yes! The NXL-IP55 IP Live Production Unit is the ideal solution…learn more by exploring this microsite.
This IP production unit has built-in genlock function to allow all essential broadcast signals to be synchronized over an IP network as well as transmit full HD video and audio with very low latency of less than one field (1/2 frame) delay time for a fully coordinated live production.
Q What are the key features of the NXL-IP55?
Bidirectional, broadcast quality full HD video audio streams and control data
Genlock capability over IP network
(2) Multiple Inputs and Outputs
Four streaming (3-in/1-return or 2-in/2-return)
Audio, tally and intercom
Utilizes standard network technology
Q What is so unique about the NXL-IP55 versus other products which also transfer video via IP?
Q How many video streams can be transmitted bidirectional and with what quality?
(1) 3 Transmit + 1 Receive
(2) 2 Transmit + 2 Receive
(3) 1 Transmit + 3 Receive
Q How much network bandwidth is required to use the NXL-IP55?
Q What signal formats does the NXL-IP55 support?
Q Can the NXL-IP55 accept SD video input / output?
Q What are some customer benefits of the NXL-IP55?
Q Where can the NXL-IP55 be used?
Q Can more than three cameras be used with the NXL-IP55?
Q What are the network requirements?
- Required Network Conditions for the Main LAN Port:(1) Network Interface:- Required Network Conditions for the Control LAN Port:
(2) Usable Ethernet Switch:
- • Up to 5 cascading layers, 2 switches to ensure the required network conditions.
- • (Layer 2 switch: Gigabit or 10 Gigabit without IP routing function)
- 1Gbps(1) Network Interface:
(2) Usable Network Environment:
- • 10Base-T & 100Base-T
- • Internet or public network, Intranet
Q How far can the signal be transmitted?
Q What type of camera can be used with the NXL-IP55?
Q Does the NXL-IP55 have a control function for Sony Product/Cameras?
Q Can Sony BRC cameras be used with the NXL-IP55?
Q What codec is used with the NXL-IP55?
Q Can the data rate be selected?
Q What protocol is used for transferring the data?
Q How do you guarantee Quality of Service in the case of UDP?
Q Does Sony have any intention to standardize the protocol e.g. make it an open industry standard like SDI?
Q What is the price for one unit?
Q Will any camera / deck / switcher products with network output directly built-in be planned in the future? Will IP based OB be planned also?
Q Is the NXL-IP55 able to transmit/receive 4K?
Q What other feature enhancements are planned to be included in this firmware update?
When: July, 2013
- Some features to be added:(1) Support for PsF format
(2) Support for Dual Link HD-SDI (Only in "2 Transmit + 2 Receive" mode)
- • 1000Base-T
(3) Import/export function of configuration file
- • 4K transmission w/ 4 pairs of the NXL-IP55 is possible with this feature.
- • When inputting Dual Link HD-SDI, only 1 'bundle' of Dual Link HD-SDI is acceptable because Dual Link HD-SDI needs 2 HD-SDI ports.
(4) Transmission of embedded lens metadata